Scanntronik - RissFox Mini (Electronic crack monitor 1 channel), Kit
Rissfox Mini Kit - with crack, temperature and humidity sensors.
- Data logger with air temperature and humidity sensor and data memory for 16000 readings.
- 10mm Crack sensor with 2m cable
A multisensor option is also available.
Let us know your needs for a customized quotation.
Some of our products may require solutions, reagents or other add-ons.
Fill in your details, and we will contact you as you as soon as possible
Analysis of crack displacements, change of length as well as relative / absolute humidity and air temperature
Fully automatic recording of crack displacements, change of length, relative / absolute humidity and air temperature thanks to the high-resolution crack analysis sensor system and the revolutionary digital CMOSens® technology!
With the Rissfox Mini, you get one of the most advanced miniature data loggers of our time.
In its small shock-resistant and watertight housing it combines a high-resolution 12-bit crack analysis electronic, an air temperature sensor and air humidity sensor, a RISC microcontroller, memory for up to 64000 measuring values and a real-time clock into an enormously powerful analysis system. The fully calibrated crack sensor which can be connected to the system is characterized by especially easy handling, small dimensions, high reliability as well as high precision.
After the fast and easy installation of the analysis sensor over the crack, the measuring system either starts automatically the measuring task previously programmed on the PC or is activated without contact via a magnetic switch. The data logger then records the measuring data at a freely adjustable rhythm.
The integrated high-speed crack monitoring allows reliable and precise detection of even the shortest crack vibrations. For this purpose, the system analyses the crack approximately 100 times per second and registrates the extremal values.
Together with the climate sensors, comprehensive and meaningful measuring data are available after a short while. The fully calibrated intelligent CMOSens® sensor for temperature and humidity is characterized in particular by its optimized long-time stability, high precision, reliability and extremely fast response time of less than 3 seconds. Laborious re-calibration is not necessary, because the sensor can simply be replaced directly on-site if need be.
The batteries (AA) integrated in the data logger supply the system with power for up to two years and can be replaced easily at any time.
The data logger is programmed and evaluated with the universal SoftFOX software under Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or newer. After connecting the Rissfox Mini to the computer via a USB or serial interface cable, the system can be read out or configured immediately.
The software offers numerous general functions like the dynamic project management, graphical data analysis, computer-controlled series of measurements, dew point calculation, export functions, automatic backup, flexible zoom, and much more. Furthermore, the data logger itself can be programmed according to the needs of the user. For this purpose many software functions are available e.g. setting the measurement rhythm (1 second up to 24 hours), fully automatic start-stop-operation or ring buffered data acquisition, alarm conditions for SMS alarm notification, acoustic alarm or telephone alarm, min/max-detection for a consistent registration of extremal values, setting the system clock, precise battery test, digital serial number and much more.
In addition to the data evaluation with the computer, it is possible to connect a flexible alarm system to the data logger. By this means e.g. a SMS notification can be transmitted when the crack displacement exceeds a predefined value. It is also possible to trigger a telephone alarm, when the air temperature or humidity falls/rises below/above a specified threshold. An acoustic alarm buzzer is also available.
The fields of application for the Rissfox Mini are almost unlimited and range from building monitoring and damage assessment to structural condition analysis and monument protection to preventive maintenance, research and development etc.
As a consistent step in the development of our systems and compared to our flexible crack sensor protective cover, the "water-protected" 10mm crack sensor (additional option), offers even greater robustness. The water-protected sensor element has also been specially developed for temporary use underwater. For this purpose, each of these high-quality crack sensors is tested for several days underwater in a depth of two meters!
Due to the massive protective encapsulation of the sensor element, the hysteresis of the crack sensor increases only minimally to about +/- 50µm and the sensor resolution remains unchanged at a high level of 2.5µm for the Rissfox Mini, respectively 5.0µm for the Rissfox Multisensor! Therefore, the additional "Water Protection" option for the 10mm crack sensor is particularly suitable wherever very critical environmental conditions must be expected and wherever our cost-effective crack sensor protective cover cannot be used.
If the measuring range of our normal 10mm crack sensor should ever be insufficient, we also offer a sensor element with a significantly larger measuring range. This is our 75mm crack sensor. The following picture shows the 75mm crack sensor together with the optionally available mounting platform and the corresponding fastening brackets.
The 75mm crack sensor can be connected to both the Rissfox Mini and the Rissfox Multisensor. The crack sensors connected to the Rissfox Multisensor only have to be all of the same type (10mm or 75mm crack sensors).
Customer feedback to Scanntronik:
"I write to express my gratitude for the outstanding support you have provided during the process of installing and reading out data from the Rissfox Mini / Multisensor combination we have employed to monitor four cracks in the façade of our small apartment house in central Oslo. We are now in the middle of data collection, and the equipment has been working flawlessly so far. It is just so much better than the traditional mechanical gauges, offering much more precise measurements with much less effort overall" - Lars Groth (Oslo, Norway)
- Data memory for 16000 readings integrated (optional data memory for up to 64000 readings)
- Measuring and storing rhythm (1 second to 24 hours) freely adjustable via pc software
- Freely programmable fully automatic start-stop-operation or endless loop storage
- Crystal oscillator controlled real-time clock and real-time calender integrated
- Measuring range of the crack sensor: 10 mm (+/- 5mm)
- Extended measuring range of the crack sensor with 75mm available on request
- Resolution of the 10mm crack sensor: 2.5µm = 0.0025mm = 0.0001inch
- Resolution of the 75mm crack sensor: 18.5µm = 0.0185mm = 0.00072inch
- Length of the crack sensor cable: 2m (longer sensor cable up to 100m available on request)
- High-speed crack monitoring with up to 100 Hz can be activated
- No mechanical torsion of the sensor, thanks to the complete decoupling of the stopper
- Sensor zeroing (tara function) and system start via activation magnet
- Optional: Combined air temperature and humidity sensor (climate sensors) available
- Optional: Special protective cover for the 10mm crack analysis sensor (weather protection)
- Optional: Additional "Water Protection" option for the 10mm crack analysis sensor
- No calibration of the climate sensors necessary
- Measuring range of the air temperature sensor: - 20°C to 70°C
- Measuring range of the humidity sensor: 0 %rH to 100 %rH (dew free)
- Resolution of both climate sensors: 0.1 °C / 0.1 %rH
- Measuring accuracy of the air temperature sensor: <0.4 °C at 20 °C
- Measuring accuracy of the humidity sensor: <3.0 %rH between 20 %rH and 80 %rH
- Optional: Climate sensor with a measuring accuracy of < 1.8 %rH and < 0.3 °C
- Repeatability of both climate sensors: 0.1 °C / 0.1 %rH
- Long term stability of the air temperature sensor: <0.04 °C per year
- Long term stability of the humidity sensor: <0.5 %rH per year
- Dew point calculation available via pc software (also for thresholds different to 100 %rH)
- Automatic min/max monitoring for gapless registration of extreme climatic values
- Alarm output for SMS alarm system, acoustic alarm system, telephone alarm system etc.
- Numerous other external sensors available for the data logger (e.g. 8 x object temperature)
- Calibration certificates available on request
- Measuring data preserved via EEPROM memory even without batteries
- Power supply via two standard AA batteries
- Battery lifetime up to two years (see configuration). Batteries can be replaced at any time
- Shock-resistant and watertight data logger housing. Wall-mounting possible (screws concealed)
- Data logger dimensions: 88 x 120 x 50 mm (HxWxD)
- Dimensions of the 10mm crack sensor: 200 x 20 x 20 mm (HxWxD)
- Dimensions of the 75mm crack sensor: 260 x 22 x 41 mm (HxWxD)
- Dimensions of the stopper for the crack sensor: 30 x 15 x 15 mm (HxWxD)
Depending on the memory equipment of the system, the active sensors as well as the selected measuring rhythm, the maximum measuring time can be calculated. Here some examples:Memory capacityActive sensorsMeasuring rhythmMeasuring time16000 readingscrack sensor15 minutes167 days16000 readingscrack sensor
air temperature15 minutes56 days16000 readingscrack sensor1 hour667 days16000 readingscrack sensor
air temperature1 hour222 days64000 readingscrack sensor15 minutes667 days64000 readingscrack sensor
air temperature15 minutes222 days
Customs tariff no.: 9024 8019 / 0,5kg
(Size: 1.3 MB)Electronic crack monitor